Singin' in the Rain JR
parent info Page
We are excited and looking forward to seeing you for Singin' in the Rain JR Auditions!
Singin' in The Rain, Jr
AUDITIONS take place SEPTEMBER 12-14
- Sept 12 | 3-5pm Performance Company (Grade 6/7-12, age 12-17)
- Sept 13 | 3-5pm - Lions Cast (Grade 2nd-5/6th, age 7-11)
- Sept 14 | 3-5pm - Tigers Cast (Grade 2nd-5th, age 7-11)
Solo auditions are held in the presence of the directors only. For the audition, students will sing the audition song (link provided below), read (or repeat) from a selection from the script, and perform any additional skills or talents. We encourage students to share additional skills or talents at the time of their audition. Example: Singing 30-seconds of music they are familiar with (acapella), and/or a short monologue, dance skills, gymnastics, telling jokes, whistling, etc.
AUDITION SONG PLAYLIST (30-second selections)
Rehearsal and Audition Tracks:
Singin’ in the Rain
Broadway Melody (Intermediate)
Good Mornin’ (sing all parts)
- Use the tracks to learn the song. Rehearse at home with the instrumental tracks. Prepare to sing to the instrumental tracks for your audition.
- Please prepare to sing Singin' in the Rain.
- AND please prepare to sing Good Mornin' and/or Broadway Melody
PARENT VOLUNTEER SIGN UP
One Volunteer Parent Needed at Each Audition
PARENT MEETING ~ Mark your calendar
Parent Orientation Meeting will take place during the last 30-minutes of the FIRST class rehearsal. Costumes, policies, and information. SEPT 18-20