Musical Theatre CAMP
Disney's The Jungle Book, Kids!
Cirque-Du-Soleil-inspired theme for movement, choreography, and production design!
OYES produces musicals for varying age groups (4-6, 7-11, 12-17). These are fully realized productions that perform on the OYES Youth Center Stage at the OVCC Campus. OYES’s after-school and summer camp musical theatre and drama enrichment programs operate similarly to after-school dance, music, or sports program. Rehearsals include drama exercises and games to build performance skills, and rehearsal time to learn music, staging, and choreography for the show.
THE JUNGLE BOOK, KIDS will include AERIAL DANCE workshops for all participants (all levels). Instruction and choreography by certified aerial instructor, Belinda Abelson. See AUDITIONS for special instructions to audition to perform as an aerialist in the show.
CAMP A (Ages 7-12) - (FULL - please join waitlist)
Auditions for CAMP A: July 5, 6, 7 from 10am-1pm (afternoons by appointment)
- Camp Dates: July 9-27
- Days: MON-FRI, 9am-12:30pm
- Performances: July 27, 28, 29 (Friday 6pm, Saturday 2pm & 6pm, Sunday 2pm)
- Tickets $10 for performances
CAMP B (Ages 8-15) - (FULL - please join waitlist)
- Auditions for CAMP B: July 12, 13 @ 1pm-4pm, or July 14 @ 10am-1pm
- Dates: July 16-Aug 3rd
- Days: MON-FRI, 1pm-4:30pm
- Performances: August 3, 4, 5
- (Friday 6pm, Saturday 2pm & 6pm, Sunday 2pm)
- Tickets $10 for performances
All participants to register for the program receive a role in the production. Audition songs (and some quick choreography to learn at home) will be provided on our website. Auditions help our directors assign roles for the show. Remember, we are rooting for you!
***AERIALIST AUDITIONS SPECIAL INSTRUCTIONS***
- Jungle Book Auditions - Aerial & Gymnast Performers are required to send in a taped aerial or gymnastic audition by July 3rd.
- Aerialist participants must film a 1-2 minute aerial routine on SILKS and send the taped audition to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Include: Instructor/studio name and contact, months/years of experience, background
- Participants performing as aerialists will perform in supporting or ensemble roles as well as an Aerialist
- Participants performing as aerialists will perform in supporting or ensemble roles
Our goal is to provide participants the tools they need to participate in an ensemble, and have a fantastic time learning and growing in this group process. We aim to provide as much stage time as possible to every participant, and encourage our cast members to be part of an ensemble group no matter what role they are cast to play. We’re here to enjoy the experience! The casting process takes into consideration various factors including presentations at audition, experience, training, passion, growth, commitment to rehearsals and practice, roles previously played, and last but definitely not least, the chemistry of the cast over all. Please encourage your child to embrace their casting, and remember, there are no small parts!
Any cancellations must be made within 48 hours of registration in order to receive a refund of the tuition fees, minus a $50 cancellation fee. Tuition fees are non-refundable if registration is canceled after 48 hours of the time of registration. 100% of tuition fees returned if classes canceled by OYES.
Planning for the production is based on enrollment. Participation in a musical production requires dedication to learning music, choreography, staging, and lines. In emergency or extenuating circumstances, fee credits and additional refund options are considered.
Early Registration: $385 (until June 10) | Registration $415 (after June 10)
Costume Fee $30 (due at registration - includes costume attire, accessories, masks, props. Does not include shoes or under-clothes)
- Sibling Discount: 15% - Please email email@example.com for the code
- Payment plans are available! Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Scholarships are available for those who qualify. Scholarship Application Deadline is JUNE 30th. Please email email@example.com to request an application