SUMMER CAMP PROGRAMS
Performing Arts Camp: An exciting, fast-paced, music and dance camp where participants work on vocalization, choreography, staging, and performance technique, culminating in a performance at the end of the week! Musical genres range from Pop and Rock, to Broadway musical numbers, and more! Participants work with instructors on vocalization and choreography, gaining experience with varying dance styles and vocal instruction provided by a Speech Level Singing vocalist. Culminates in a theatrical showcase performance on the OYES stage with props, lights, and sound!
- June 25-29
- Performance: Friday, June 29 @ 6pm (Tickets $5)
Registration Fee: $210
Sibling discount: $25
- - Costume fee: No additional costume fee.
- - Performance attire: Black leggings, black tank/shirt.
- - Cancellation Policy: Registration fees are refundable in the event of cancellation. A $25 cancellation fee will apply.
Musical Theatre CAMP
Disney's The Jungle Book, Kids!
Cirque-Du-Soleil-inspired theme for movement, choreography, and production design!
OYES produces musicals for varying age groups (4-6, 7-11, 12-17). These are fully realized productions that perform on the OYES Youth Center Stage at the OVCC Campus. OYES’s after-school and summer camp musical theatre and drama enrichment programs operate similarly to an after-school dance, music, or sports program. Rehearsals include drama exercises and games to build performance skills, and rehearsal time to learn music, staging, and choreography for the show.
CAMP A (Ages 7-12)
Auditions for CAMP A: July 5, 6, 7 from 10am-1pm (afternoons by appointment)
- Camp Dates: July 9-27
- Days: MON-FRI, 9am-12:30pm
- Performances: July 27, 28, 29 (Friday 6pm, Saturday 2pm & 6pm, Sunday 2pm)
- Tickets $10 for performances
CAMP B (Ages 8-15)
- Auditions for CAMP B: July 12, 13 @ 1pm-4pm, or July 14 @ 10am-1pm
- Dates: July 16-Aug 3rd
- Days: MON-FRI, 1pm-4:30pm
- Performances: August 3, 4, 5
- (Friday 6pm, Saturday 2pm & 6pm, Sunday 2pm)
- Tickets $10 for performances
All participants to register for the program receive a role in the production. Audition songs (and some quick choreography to learn at home) will be provided on our website. Auditions help our directors assign roles for the show. Remember, we are rooting for you!
Our goal is to provide participants the tools they need to participate in an ensemble, and have a fantastic time learning and growing in this group process. We aim to provide as much stage time as possible to every participant, and encourage our cast members to be part of an ensemble group no matter what role they are cast to play. We’re here to enjoy the experience! The casting process takes into consideration various factors including presentations at audition, experience, training, passion, growth, commitment to rehearsals and practice, roles previously played, and last but definitely not least, the chemistry of the cast over all. Please encourage your child to embrace their casting, and remember, there are no small parts!
Any cancellations must be made within 48 hours of registration in order to receive a refund of the tuition fees, minus a $50 cancellation fee. Tuition fees are non-refundable if registration is canceled after 48 hours of the time of registration. 100% of tuition fees returned if classes canceled by OYES.
Planning for the production is based on enrollment. Participation in a musical production requires dedication to learning music, choreography, staging, and lines. In emergency or extenuating circumstances, fee credits and additional refund options are considered.
Early Registration: $385 (until June 10) | Registration $415 (after June 10)
Costume Fee $30 (due at registration - includes costume attire, accessories, masks, props. Does not include shoes or under-clothes)
- - Sibling Discount: 15% - Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for the code
- - Payment plans are available! Please email email@example.com
- - Scholarships are available for those who qualify. Scholarship Application Deadline is JUNE 30th. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an application
Registration Opens April 30th